Complete the application form including details of your investment idea and how much you’d like to apply for. It’s important that you complete all sections of the application form as fully as possible. Please ensure you have read the terms and conditions, before you send your application form. As well as setting out the terms and conditions that govern the Community Branch Fund, these also include important practical information about your role in any improvements made to your branch under the Community Branch Fund.
- The three primary objectives of the Community Fund are to:
- Support the growth of the Post Office business in the community by investing in branch specific improvements
- Bring benefits to Post Office customers
- Bring benefits to the subpostmaster’s overall business, to support the Post Office
You should demonstrate in your application form how the funds you are applying for will meet some or all of these objectives
Most applications are expected to be below £10,000(or below £2,000 for Outreach or Satellite Services). If your project will cost more than this (or would do so in aggregate with any applications that you have previously submitted) it will be considered by the Exceptions Review Panel.
If you need any support completing your application form, please call the Network Transformation Helpline on 0845 266 8790.
Once we receive your application, we may get in touch with you to talk through some of the details.
If your application is successful, we will send you confirmation of the investment within 28 days.
Email your completed application form to:
Or post your completed application form to:
NT Community Fund
Post Office Limited
112 – 114 Camden High Street
How much funding will be available to me?
We want to ensure that as many Community branches and Outreach and Satellite services as possible can benefit from this funding. Whilst we believe that subpostmasters are the best people to decide what’s best for their Post Office, the money released through the fund to a particular branch will need to be proportionate to the level of benefits the proposed improvements are likely to bring.
- Applications for funding of up to £3,000 will be considered by our Community Fund Working Group.
- Applications for funding of over £3,000 will be regularly reviewed by a panel including representatives of the National Federation of Subpostmasters (NFSP).
- Applications for multiple items need to be listed separately on the application form with values against each e.g. flooring, shelving etc.
- All applications over £3,000 inclusive of VAT will need to be supported by at least two quotations.
- If any applications are not considered appropriate, we will contact you to discuss your proposal and work with you to re-submit an application.
The Community Branch Fund has a cap of £20m. Therefore the fund will only be open whilst there is still money available. In any event we don’t anticipate the fund running beyond March 2018. With this in mind you can consider making more than one application over this period. This could allow you to update your signage and storage capacity for future mails business very quickly, whilst considering an application for a separate grant to fund other improvements.